Five new members from throughout the archdiocese join
DUBUQUE – The Catholic Foundation in the Archdiocese of Dubuque (CFAD) recently added members who serve on its board of directors, growing from nine members to 11. As the foundation grows in assets under management and in clients served, the board sought more diversity in geography and in professional background. The directors voted earlier this year to add two new members this year and another two in 2020 in order to stagger board terms.
CFAD’s mission is to sustain a vibrant Catholic faith in the Archdiocese of Dubuque through professional financial planning. The foundation for the Catholic community assists donors who wish to provide for the long-term needs of Catholic organizations in the geography of the 30-county Archdiocese of Dubuque. Its services include planned giving and charitable fund management.
“Our vision is to endow financial support for our Catholic community, and our donors specifically help the mission of the Catholic organization for whom they choose to support as well as the larger mission of sustaining the faith,” said Michele Brock, CFAD executive director. “We have a wonderful group of professionals from throughout the geography of the archdiocese who strategize and govern the organization. They serve CFAD well in addition to being leaders in their own communities and churches.”
Due to the board expansion and members whose terms expired, five of the 11 members are new this year.
New members include:
• John Fink from St. Francis Assisi Parish in Marshalltown and an accountant with Lennox Corporation.
• Pat Leonard from St. Joseph the Worker Parish in Dubuque and funeral director at Leonard Funeral Home & Crematory.
• Kirk Sadilek from St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish in Hiawatha and financial adviser with Principal Financial.
• LuAnn Scholbrock from St. Patrick Parish in Lake Mills and chief client officer with Coloff Digital.
• Sarah Smith from Blessed Sacrament Parish in Waterloo and development director with Cedar Valley Catholic Schools.
Incumbent board members include:
• Chair Maureen Gronstal from All Saints Parish in Cedar Rapids and attorney with Bradley & Riley Law Firm.
• Archbishop Michael Jackels.
• Vice Chair Brian Kane from Resurrection Parish in Dubuque and attorney with Kane, Norby & Reddick Law Firm.
• Secretary Ken Keune from St. Benedict Parish in Decorah and partner with Hacker, Nelson & Co. CPA Firm.
• Brian McConnell from Notre Dame Parish in Cresco and vice president with CUSB Bank.
• Richard Nelson from St. Cecilia Parish in Ames and investment representative with First National Bank.
Steve Duggan, from St. Edward Parish in Waterloo and partner with Hogan Hansen CPA Firm, serves as a non-voting, ex-officio member as immediate past chair. Barb Potts, whose term recently ended, is from Resurrection Parish in Dubuque and executive director of UnityPoint – Finley Health Foundation. Brock served on the board of directors until which time she resigned in order to accept the executive director position for the foundation.
CFAD, a 501(c)(3), nonprofit, charitable organization separate from the Archdiocese of Dubuque, manages more than 170 funds with over $100 million in assets under management. CFAD is in the top quarter of the 181 Catholic foundations in the U.S. as far as managed assets.
For more information, visit www.OurCFAD.org or call 563-552-0176.