PROMOTE YOUR PARISH FAITH FORMATION EVENTS
THROUGH A NEW CALENDAR ON THE WITNESS WEBSITE
The Parish Events calendar was created to help parishes promote their faith formation efforts. Each parish is invited to post their public faith formation opportunities so as to continue cultivating a culture of discipleship and support the archdiocesan Mission Priority of “Strengthening programs for ongoing education in the faith.”
CRITERIA FOR EVENTS
Events should be limited to faith formation opportunities that are open to the general public. Examples may include Bible studies, faith sharing groups, professional speakers, Catholic Evangelization Outreach (C.E.O.) witness talks, parish missions and young adult ministry events. Events that are NOT appropriate for the calendar include: Fish frys, religious education class, sacramental prep and other events meant only for parishioners of a particular parish. To summarize, If it’s not directly related to faith formation and not open to the public, it doesn’t belong on this calendar.
*Please note: For ongoing, multi-week events only list the dates which new members may join. For example, you can indicate that this is a 24-week study by naming the event “The Bible Timeline 24-week course” but only making calendar events for the first few meeting times in which people can join the study. Listing your venue’s address in the “Where” field and contact information in the “Description” field will be sufficient for those looking to learn more about the event’s multi-week schedule.
HOW TO SUBMIT AN EVENT
Participating parishes will need to choose a staff member to create and maintain a new “Witness site FF Events” calendar using Google Calendar, place events on this calendar (keeping it current) and then share the calendar address with Jeremy Jones, IT Administrator for the Archdiocese.
Share the calendar by:
1. Opening Google Calendar
2. Clicking on the down-arrow to the right of “My calendars” and selecting “Create new calendar”
3. Clicking on the down-arrow to the right of your newly-created “Witness site FF Events” calendar
4. Selecting “Calendar settings”
5. Clicking on the blue “HTML” button to the right of the “Calendar Address” heading
6. Copying/pasting the blue hyperlink into an email to Jeremy Jones
7. Jeremy will use the link to make your events visible on the The Witness website calendar
8. Each time the calendar is updated by parish staff, the updates will automatically occur on the calendar